Friday, March 11, 2016

Just Wanted to Say, I'm Back!


I know it's been a while, and I'm not sure if anyone will even read this, but I thought it was time to come back to the blog.  I know I really didn't give a great reason for why I had to step away, other than to say life was getting busy, and messy.  I wish I could give you a better reason now, but I can't.  Life just got a little complicated for a while, both personally and professionally, and I just couldn't seem to get any sort of will built up, to continue forward with the blog.  Life is still pretty busy, not sure that part will ever change.  But the messy part, that bad parts, seem to have taken a hike for a while, and I'm ready for them to stay gone.  

There were a few times, actually quite a few times, where I thought I was ready to be done with Wordsmithonia, that I was ready for it to sink into the Swamp of Sadness, never to be heard from again.  In the end, I couldn't let my blog go the way of Artax, I put too many years, and too much love into it, for it to just disappear.  My brain kept telling me to let go, but my heart just wasn't buying it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this, I've missed the blog, and I've missed you guys.  I've missed this amazing community of bloggers that I grew to love over the years, and I've missed the conversations we would have.  

I'm still working 50-70 hours a week right now, so I'm not ready to dive in head first, but you will start to see an active Wordsmithonia again.  I will start posting again, visiting my favorite blogs, discovering new blogs that weren't around when I took my little hiatus, and I'm sure my TBR pile is about to grow another 50 feet

So I'll be seeing you guys around, and I can't wait to get back into the swing of things!  

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Bev@My Reader's Block • 10 days ago
Yay!!!!!!!!!! Glad you're back, Ryan! I read every single word. :-)

Ryan Mod Bev@My Reader's Block • 10 days ago
Thanks Bev! It's good to be back!

Becca • 10 days ago
We are still here, Ryan :) I totally get stepping away. I've done it before. Sometimes it is necessary. Even now I'm not blogging a lot but we will see how it goes for a while. Welcome back :)

Ryan Mod Becca • 10 days ago
Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things!

Sue • 10 days ago
Ricky Wanted To Welcome You Back!!

Ryan Mod Sue • 10 days ago
LOL.... Thank you!

Sue Ryan • 9 days ago
Really Happy you're back... It Takes a Village as they say to take care of one another... You do impact our lives by being so open...☀️

bermudaonion(Kathy) • 10 days ago
Yay, I'm so glad to see you come back!!

Ryan Mod bermudaonion(Kathy) • 10 days ago
Thank you, Kathy! I'm excited to be back!

Staci Collins Taylor • 10 days ago
So glad to see that life has turned around and you're back to blogging. I've been kicking around the idea of reviving mine, too.

Ryan Mod Staci Collins Taylor • 9 days ago
Thank you. If you do decide to go back to your blog, I'll be there, ready to read.

Tasha B. (heidenkind) • 10 days ago
We missed you, too!

Ryan Mod Tasha B. (heidenkind) • 9 days ago
Thanks! ��

Lisa Sheppard • 9 days ago
Welcome back!

Ryan Mod Lisa Sheppard • 9 days ago
Thank you! It's nice to be back!

Debbie Rodgers • 9 days ago
Hurray! I'm glad you're back, Ryan!
My heart won't let me close down Exurbanis either, even thought it's more than two years behind in recording the books I've read. {sigh}

Ryan Mod Debbie Rodgers • 9 days ago
I's hard to say goodbye, if you aren't ready to. I'm glad I made the decision to come back.

Yvette • 9 days ago
Glad you're back on board, Ryan. Even though I've taken a bit of a hiatus myself. Oh well, I'll be back in a couple of weeks or so, in the meantime, pretend I'm still around. :)

Ryan Mod Yvette • 9 days ago
Thanks, Yvette! Moving will cause you to take a break. I hope you are getting settled in!

Jaime Nicole • 9 days ago
Welcome back!! So glad to see you in my feed!

Ryan Mod Jaime Nicole • 8 days ago
Thank you! It's so good to be back.

TracyK • 9 days ago
So glad you are back and I look forward to whatever posts you have time to write.

Ryan Mod TracyK • 8 days ago
Thank you! I'm ready to get back to it!

Michelle Miller • 8 days ago
Welcome back, my friend! So glad you're back and looking forward to hearing your insight on books and other topics. Also, I'm glad to hear that the messy parts have calmed down. You deserve to be happy. As far as the busy-ness, I can relate. I've had the same thoughts about blogging, but I can't let it go either. It's my heart.

Ryan Mod Michelle Miller • 8 days ago
Thank you! You are one of the reasons I knew I could come back.

Angelas Anxious Life • 14 hours ago
HHHHHHEEEELLLLLOOOOO!
Honestly I don't blog like I used to. I just blog maybe 5-6 times a month. I like that though. I used to sit around and try to think of a blog post so I could have like 20 or more a month. But you know, my heart wasn't really into it. I like how I am doing it now. Make sure it feels right!

Ryan Mod Angelas Anxious Life • 37 minutes ago
Totally understand. It's why I had to walk away for a while. It was starting to feel forced, and that's never a good feeling.

Alexia561 said...

Glad to hear that the messy, bad parts of your life have taken a hike! You deserve a good, smooth path! So happy you didn't let the blog sink into the Swamp of Sadness!

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Okay, I'm late to the show here. It's been a rough few months on my end lately. But I'm so thrilled to see you are back!! Just take your time and do as you can, no need to do more and stress out. :)